Ode to Stral-ya

Big ol' vast Stralya
I have come to stay with you at last.
You have been here all along,
Just north west of my fair Isle.
I have never thought to know you
Or to walk upon your earth,
but here I am at last.
You are hot and your birds are black and loud,
They squawk rather than sing.
Your clouds are high, whispy mare's tails on the sky,
far different from those of my home.
I am so familiar with mountains,
but you, oh Stral-ya, are vast open plains.
My first instinct was to run,
flight over fight in this big new place.
My mind's eye showed me the hearts of those who came centuries ago,
My heart shared their feelings,
I understand why they named the streets after their home countries
and tried to make things the same.
Home is always home but adventure often calls
with its low quiet voice that cannot be ignored.
So Stral-ya, I have come to you,
Show me mercy, give me love, help me understand your story.