War on Democracy

This goes in....
Behold the perfect symmetry of the egg... no rings were used in its transformation from liquid to wobbly solid...

And this comes out...
It is called "Charity Studies Green Computing" after a woman who wanted to tell me about her PhD on the train. This reminded me of the frustrations that I had trying to explain why we should pool resources in my old job. She was beautiful and I hope her dissertation is the tipping point of universal change... Speaking of which, there is a film coming up called the 11th Hour... it is about what our generation can do to avoid impending doom. Although as it is narrated by Leonardo DiCaprio it may just be another saccharin dose pitched at pre-schoolers like Inconvenient Truth, but who cares if the message gets to the masses... the pictures sure are purty... and The White Planet should be seen... this one looks promising

In other news, I am lucky enough to be going along to an evening with John Pilger. It is the launch of his new film War on Democracy. He is one of my top ten all time people with whom I would like to have a cup of tea and chat. So, tonight's the night baby!... although with a whole bunch of other people present. I guess he has to be a bit economical with his time. You can't just spend your life having cups of tea and chats... I know, I have tried!

The film is about the Latin American political history being a microcosm for the current situation in the Middle East. If I understand correctly. I discussed a similar idea about history repeating with my class in post grad about the correlations between the end of WWII and Marshall Plan and the then current events in Iraq and Afghanistan such as indiscriminate bombing, occupation and "we are bringing you freedom whether you want it or not" by erasing your way of life, religions and history (er... does that mean I am not allowed to come and visit the Grand Canyon now? Oh well, the wheel will turn and saying things like this wont be naughty one day).

I am excited to go along tonight to understand more about the history of Latin America as I have only really begun to learn about it over the last few years. My "blinkers off" moment was when I saw a film about the first "axis of evil" in the 1970s when intelligence worked across country boarders to round up and torture all kinds of people who were a threat to the American belief system of Democracy and the relationships between the American government and Latin American governments. At least, that is my understanding. Back then the axis was RED MENACE... same shit, different day...

All I know is that we all have minds, no one can tell us what to think, and the day you stop questioning everything is the day you allow people who are not nearly as intelligent as you to control you! Of course, the more you look, the more you see and if you feel quesy then you know you have probably learned something and now you have to do something about it... Oh, the addictive joy of truth seeking...

But, then you have seen my pictures and I am clearly insane. Allegedly.... Hypothetically... If I was to write something on this topic then it would have been something like that...

And lastly,
mobile phone company people are now second on my list of professions that deserve to be rolled in fire, sliced into ribbons, rubbed in salt and hung out to dry. Second only to tow truck drivers. Curses upon you and your children's children.