Iran, Liberia and Jelly fish

Does everyone know about the struggle of the Iranian students and of the Liberian women who are turning around the country? Such an impressive and inspirational woman, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, democratically elected president of Liberia. Such courage and strength. She takes on multi-corporate organisations to regain rights for her people. She fights corruption within her own government. She encourages people to speak out. She listens. Such conscience. Such a commitment to the truth. Still, I wonder what deals were done between the US and Liberia for their aid debt to be cancelled.

I wonder what will happen when the UK pull their troops out of Iraq.


Likewise, I wonder what will happen to the
Iranian students who are protesting for free speech. Protesting for their right to be taught by people who will teach rather than brainwash. Protesting for democracy. Whatever that word means.

Che Guevara
died 40 years ago today. Where would the world have been without his face to print on so many tshirts as a symbol of revolution?

Go Liberian Women!
Go Iranian students!

Stay strong
Have courage
Keep on your path
Keep up the fight for what is yours.

Today it makes me glum to think too much of politics and suffering. I wish governments were fair and honest. I wish they moved quickly to solve problems and were not so influenced by ego, corruption, quick gains, popularity and trade. I wish they would put more money into looking after those who need it and into looking after our earth. I notice the ice caps have melted so much in the Arctic that the North West Passage is passable. Climate change is so acceptable now that governments are fighting over who owns the newly available shipping lanes.

Need for escapism led me to walk along the Mentone beach. Strange creatures trapped in jelly fish had been thrown up by the sea.

Tree in jelly fish

Grrrrrr Power of Grey Skull