FOR ME AND MY GAL

This film has one of the best scripts I have heard in my life. I want to work “kid” and “nothing doin” into my every day sentences. Monday nights have become a linking time in my brain for all the films and literature and history that I have been exposed to. The gulfs separating the disciplines are diminishing. This film conjured up memories of Arthur Schnitzler’s work. He would have been proud! Judy Garland is the archetypal Süße Mädel. I love film society for allowing me to watch all kinds of films I would never pick out for myself and connect up all the dots in the universe. It buzzes me out that the impeccable screenplay is written by Fred Finklehoffe. I wonder how loosely he and I might be related across time and space. Maybe that is why the film hit a chord.

My life is about to kick off again. I have stepped onto the let’s-see-what-happens-if-I-work-more-than-I-sleep ride. I couldn’t resist. It’s the International Film Festival ride. How could I not be part of the action? Plus free tickets…

Tonight I started Samba. I wasn’t as graceful as the me in my mind’s eye. But starting is the hardest part of anything. I left feeling loose and mellow. I love dancing. It is medicine for the soul.