Thank you.
Thank you for celebrating Matariki in Waitangi Park.
Thank you for your beautiful reggae music
Thank you for leading us in song and dance together.
What a gloriously cold winter night:
The stars above, the grass below and a crowd to lose myself in.
People to sing with
People to sway with
Feeling like a summer festival
Only, mid year.
Mmm. So good.
What is it about singing and dancing together?
Such a basic human need.
Some kind of communion.
Oh, and I saw a beautiful film that night too.
An unexpected find.
Off the Map.
A beautifully shot slice of life film about just being and believing.
At least that is how I saw Off the Map, which won first prize at Taos Talking Picture Festival (never heard of it of course... so much to learn about, so little time). I have been surprised that only the above link seemed to find someone else who liked it as much as I. Still, perhaps I'm just a wee bit sensitive and searching for beauty right now, but I thought it was lovely. Maybe if my more scathing, sardonic self had been awake I would have agreed with the brow beaters. Kinda like The Station Agent, as a way to separate the ‘us’ from the ‘them’.
Today was also my very first EMF healing experience. I think it goes down in my all time Top 5 most beautiful healing experiences. The best bit is that it is all done yourself, with guidance. Magic. Inner Wisdom Magic. The best there is.
Tomorrow I am off to see some cool stuff with ice.
PS Don't adjust your set. I got over my complex about needing to write, but preferring people to be pleased by the aesthetic of the writing as ant prints, rather than actually to be read by anyone!
